Getting braces is perfectly common and normal for a lot of people! But along with helping your teeth grow properly and enhancing your future oral health, they can complement your style. Choosing colors for your braces is part of the fun of getting them, and if you’re wondering what color braces you should get, this post is for you.
Braces can help you maintain the appearance of your teeth. Their adoption has become increasingly common. Modern braces, therefore, are developed in a wide variety of styles and colors. Instead of being embarrassing, braces can add a lot to your overall aesthetic and personality, especially if you choose colors that you love. This can help you form a better, more positive self-image and boost your self-esteem.
What Color Braces Should I Get? Choosing Your Colors
First, let’s start with some colors you should avoid.
- Green, yellow or brown. These colors can make it look like your teeth are yellower than they actually are, or even look like you have food stuck in your teeth. And they can also appear to enhance staining and decay.
- While white braces may seem like a natural choice, the material can stain easily over time through foods and beverages. They can also make your teeth appear yellow in comparison.
- Black braces will probably make your teeth look like they are rotting, have cavities, or decay.
- On the bright side, most any other color will do, and these days you can choose from a wide variety of colors to complement your aesthetic preferences, skin tone, clothing, or ornamentation.
- Choosing a color that matches or pairs well with your eyes will complement your smile. The light shade of green can look great with brown eyes. So, pink, lilac, or turquoise variations will go well with blue eyes, while red, orange, and purple can work with green or hazel eyes.
- Cool colors like silver, lilac, baby pink, or sky blue look great with fairer skin. Brighter hues, like violet, royal blue, and gold, work brilliantly with darker skin tones.
- Bright, cheerful colors like turquoise and gold can represent your favorite themes, like a day on the beach.
- You can get creative with colors that represent your favorite holiday, hobby, or sports team.
- Silvery or bluish hues will help make your teeth look brighter and whiter.
- If you don’t want to get colored braces, clear aligners are also available.
Choosing a color for your braces doesn’t have to be hard! Make sure to take your time and be confident with your decision. Also, you can visit a dentist’s office to see the colors they have available and see if they match your preferences. Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine!
Luxe Dental Arts is a premier dental facility in Sugar Land, TX, specializing in high-quality dentistry with a gentle touch. We use advanced, modern techniques to give you the best possible treatment. Give us a call at (281) 969-7456, and we’ll be happy to help get you a smile you’ll love to show off!